My little 500 square ft. living space is um…an open concept? More like you can flip a pancake and type at my desk while still watching TV. So decorating my living room was a little nerve wracking. I needed it clean and chic enough to be able to work in, but feminine and eclectic to still be a fun place to sit and have drinks. I hoarded hollywood regency ideas on my Pinterest decor board, here. These photos are a few months old and while I have changed a few touches here and there I’ve come up with a few living room rules to help you achieve this look!
1. Pillows: Forget everything you think you know about pillows. Seriously. You don’t have to go with the same hues and you don’t have to go with the same theme. Pick two matching pillows, I just got these and add the rest from Etsy! The miss matched look is a lot more conversational and chic.
2. Coffee Table Books: Amazon and book stores that are going out of business are your best friends. Coffee Table books might be the best form of decor because they are inspirational and versatile. You can put them anywhere and prop up anything with them. However, paying more than $45 is absurd. Everything is cheaper on Amazon!
3. Save: I’ve mentioned this before, but save all your cute boxes, magazines and trinkets. I decorate with Hermes boxes and Design Darling matches.
4. Framing: Keep a Pinterest board where you save images you love, I do here. Once you go to frame things, get a few of those images printed! I love framing little Chanel ads around my house….or George Clooney…
5. Chinoiserie: Anything Chinoiserie is going to fit in perfectly with your decor. It’s a style that is meant to blend and Homegoods has a TON of it!
If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org!