Let’s get the boring stuff out of the way quick. My name is Kara (yep, apparently you have to have a K name to work with Chronicles of Frivolity). I am a sophomore business student at the University of Texas at Austin.
I’m a Delta Gamma and a member of UT’s University Fashion Group. When I’m not super busy (I love being busy) you can usually find me dreaming about New York Fashion Week, buying pink roses for my room, or eating pizza. Actually… you can always find me eating pizza.
In order to introduce myself, I decided I would give you a few of my favorite things a la Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music. Because who doesn’t love Julie Andrews?
1) Red Lipstick. My signature make-up look. Refer to #5 and you might understand where my inspiration comes from. For you ladies like me with the blonde hair blue eyes combo, take advantage of red lipstick on July 4th this year and you’ll look patriotic without having to wear a tacky American flag patterned bikini!
2) Beyoncé. Confession Time: My twin sister, Kassidy, and I might as well be Beyoncé’s biggest white girl fans to date. She is a role model for women everywhere and I am still perplexed as to how she released a full surprise album while on tour with a new baby and happy marriage. If I ever get to meet her that’s the first think I’d like to know. Spill it, Bey!
3) Texas. (The state and the university) Growing up in Texas you naturally develop state pride. After attending the University of Texas for a year my state pride has grown exponentially. Fort Worth, Dallas, Austin, I love them all. There’s just something I adore about a state that can combine great shopping, chips & queso, live music, and good looking cowboys.
4) Printed Pants. Maybe I’m drawn to these because they help my 4’11” stature look just slightly taller, but I can’t pass up a good pair of printed pants. Whether it’s a chic camo pair or a simple pair of polka dot pixie pants, you can find me wearing these bad boys at least once a week.
5) Old Movies. Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Roman Holiday, How to Marry a Millionaire, etc. Maybe it’s the fact that men in these time periods had a grasp on proper manners or the endless fashion inspiration, but I find myself watching old movies on Netflix more often than I find myself in movie theaters.
So now that you have a better idea of who I am, I want to get to know you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, advice, or even just to chat (or tell me about shoe sales that have a size 6.. just a suggestion).