For the past few months I’ve been really curious about microdermabrasion. I’d tweeted about it here and there, but didn’t think it would be very relaxing. I’d heard it was like a cat licking your face and I’m not a cat person, so…
The reason it even peaked my interested was because the past few years I’ve really aimed to stay out of the sun. I spray tan, but don’t want skin cancer or wrinkles so SPF is on me at all times! Because my skin was so dull, I’d been piling on the highlighter. I treated it like icing and then I looked like a Halloween Prom Queen. I followed some bloggers who swore by this treatment and I thought it might keep the highlight more at bay.
A few of my friends had tried Skintastic in Dallas and I was given the opportunity to try microderm through Skincentives. Skincentives is a new comprehensive beauty plan that allows an esthetician to create a plan just for you. This program is only available at Skintastic under Dr. Jeffrey Adelglass, M.D., F.A.C.S. There are two Skintastic locations: Uptown Dallas [where I go!] and Plano. Three levels of this program are offered and I have the basic level, which I will go over more in depth! The Deluxe and Premuim allow for more laser hair removal options and facial treatments. You can find all the differences here.
Services offered through Skincentives Basic:
Microdermabrasion: skin polishing treatment where a handheld device is used to blast fine particles of sand-like crystals against the skin, which are then vacuumed away along with dirt and the dead layer of skin to reveal healthy, glowing skin
OxyGeneo Skin Rejuvenation: skin is exfoliated and oxygenated to optimize skin’s absorption of nutrient rich gels. This treatment improves skin oxygen levels and the infusion of skin-enriching essential nutrients resulting in a firmer, rejuvenated complexion.
Laser Hair Removal (face, including lip or chin, front and back of neck or underarms)
Vitamin B12 Shot (3/mo): Helps the body make red blood cells, process carbs and produce ATP, a basic unit of energy for the body, resulting in increased energy and metabolism.
MIC Injections (Slimtastic Fat Blaster Shots, 3/mo): These injections help release fat through the body by enhancing liver function, preventing cholesterol buildup and removing toxins from the liver, helping to boost liver function, metabolism and energy.
I received a complimentary 90 day Basic Package, so that I can try to get bridal ready and share my experience with you all! I know that I’m so apprehensive about beauty treatments [I literally texted 15 girlfriends who had had microdermabrasion. FIFTEEN.] so I thought it would be fun to share my experiences with you all if you were apprehensive too!
1. It’s an incredibly relaxing experience. Skintastic does an amazing job of creating a balance between relaxation and a treatment that works. I’ve had both. I’ve had facials that were painfully miserable [way too much steam] and I’ve had facials that were a waste of money because I got nothing out of it except a shoulder massage. My esthetician made sure to keep this balance [you even get a little 10 minute nap while one of your skin treatments sets!] but I was able to walk out and see results immediately.
2. You’re really educated during the process. She told me what kind of skin I had [normal, and yet I thought it was combination!] and what products I can use to prevent any fine lines. I honestly thought she would just do the treatment and have me leave, but she really asked about any concerns I had and then gave me tips [that had nothing to do with me “purchasing product”] to keep my skin in the condition I wanted it to be.
3. It’s not harsh. I was so worried I would be a tomato for a few days with lots of peeling! My skin was pink in a few spots for maybe 30 minutes after and then I had a post spray tan glow. I never peeled, which was a relief. I know some people do, but I’d also heard horror stories. Skintastic doesn’t have a “one-size-fits-all” microdermabrasion. They take you in a consultation room first to see your skin/concerns and then mix your own treatment so you don’t react poorly.
4. You truly do get the Leighton Meester glow. I didn’t wear makeup this week after my treatment and I’m posting a makeup-free picture below of my week 2 look!
5. Gwen was my esthetician if you want to request her, but all the estheticians I met were incredibly kind and calming. I seriously wanted to just go grab lunch and hang out there the rest of the day, which I think is key to knowing you’ve found a great center to trust!
How many of you have tried micro?! I feel like a lot of you had because when I posted I was nervous on Instagram I felt like such an uncool little kid because everyone had tried it but me! haha. Any other treatments you swear by?! You can follow Skintastic along for more specials on their Facebook and twitter.
Here is my little foundation-free selfie from one week later! Excuse the messy [extremely dirty hair] but I had on some of the night before’s mascara [My eye makeup remover is not doing the job!] and wanted to give you a realistic idea of how my skin looked! 🙂
The Details: While my treatment was complimentary, I received no compensation from Skintastic. All opinions are my own.