Top: Revolve | Shorts: Anthropologie | Shoes: Sold Out, Similar | Bag: YSL | Sunglasses: Karen Walker | Lipstick: Perla | Chocker: The Styled Collection [c/o] | Necklace: The Styled Collection [c/o]
Photography by: Angie Garcia
I’m an extremely nosy person….but I’m nosy over things that don’t matter. I want to know what is in someone’s purse, I don’t want to know if they are getting a divorce. I’d rather read about what’s in Emily Maynard’s beauty cabinet, I don’t necessarily care to know what Jeff was really like on her season. You get the idea. So today I thought it would be fun to share 15 frivolous favorites of mine! Also, ignore how the lighting makes my legs look SO tan. We all know that is not the case! lol.
1. Favorite Lip Gloss: NYX Butter Gloss in éclair, crème brûlée and maple blondie. $4.99 and the BEST glosses you will ever buy.
2. Favorite Restaurant: Piatello or Cannon Chinese Kitchen. Side note, I’m very weird about sharing food and Cannon is family style. I LOVE it on a date night with Paul because I don’t mind sharing with him. However, I think if we went with a group of 8 people that would be my worst nightmare. I don’t even know why I dislike sharing food so much – some weird hang up of mine!
3. Favorite Sunglasses: I’m not one of those girls with super soft, delicate features. I need BIG sunglasses. The bigger the better. Small sunnies just look odd on me. It’s almost like my eyeballs are bigger than the frames. So my favorite sunglasses are these by Gucci. However, my favorite budget-savvy pair are these $14 aviators.
4. Favorite Recent Purchase: These bangles by Tory Burch. I got white and green! They remind me of the Hermes cuff but for less than half the price.
5. Favorite Drugstore Makeup Brand: NYX, L’Oréal or BH Cosmetics
6. Favorite Meal to Make at Home: If I’m cooking for myself, cauliflower pasta. If I’m cooking for Paul, I love to make this tomato soup with an indulgent grilled cheese. I’ll pile on caramelized onions, jalapeños and cheese for him!
7. Favorite Thing to do By Myself: Let’s be honest, I’m never by myself! haha! But if baby is in bed and Paul is working, my favorite things to do are make schedules [this makes me SO calm] and design rooms through Adobe programs [like this]. I’ll be honest, once blogging goes away or dies down I hope to do something in interior design. I know I’m not professionally trained, so maybe I’d open a home decor store or something in that capacity! Home decor and design is probably the one thing I get most excited about in terms of aesthetics.
8. Favorite Find this Week: This Mrs. clutch! For $80 this is truly the perfect gift to snag for a bride-to-be! I’m tempted to purchase one and keep it in my gift closet. You never know when someone will pop the question and you must celebrate.
9. Favorite Instagram Account: This always changes, but lately my favorite is @buynowbloglater and @thehomeedit. Laura with @buynowbloglater, is someone I have followed for ages- since college! She did YouTube, but then opened up a personal consulting business and shut her account down. Since then, she blogged and I love her insta stories. She has the loveliest accent and is very blunt about products which I love! If you’re a fan of organization @thehomeedit will be your new love. If you’re Type B, just steer clear because you’ll roll your eyes and think all of us Type A ladies need to get a grip!
10. Favorite Nail Polishes: For summer I love OPI Cajun Shrimp, for fall I prefer OPI Lincoln Park After Dark and for winter/spring I like OPI Chiffon On My Mind or OPI Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around.
11. Favorite App: Planoly! It helps me stay organized with social media posts.
12. Favorite Home Store: Ballard Designs. I joke with all my friends if I never had a budget I’d just decorate my entire home in Ballards! I’m also extremely pleased with their shipping. Each time I’ve ordered furniture it ships here remarkably fast. It’s honestly not THAT pricey [so if you’ve ever had an interior decorator or had custom furniture you will think it is moderately priced]. We are just in a phase of life where we really don’t spend too much on furniture, so I think this is pricier for us. #kids
13. Favorite Blog: The Peak of Tres Chic. I’ve shared Sam’s site before and I have to share it again. Sam is one of my “insta” friends [we’ve chatted for years through social media] and she is an interior designer in NYC. I love reading her blog because it’s extremely educational and she also shares great pieces for travel!
14. Favorite Amazon Purchase: I’m going to do an entire post on what we order from Amazon, but lately I’m loving these cups! This is also where I get my collagen peptides. More on that later!
15. Favorite Treat: I love pink drinks from Starbucks! I drink black coffee so I’ve honestly never been a Starbucks person. I treat myself to a pink drink [it’s coconut milk and a strawberry acai refresher- but you order it as the “pink drink”] about once every two weeks. It’s SO good and it’s always gone by the time I leave the parking lot! If I have that drink with an episode of Southern Charm I’m in heaven!
What are some of your favorite things?!
You seriously crack me up with liking to design rooms in your free time!! Like in my free time I would veg out or watch Netflix yet you are still doing something awesome and creative haha!
Also, I have been LOVING cauliflower recipes lately so I will def be trying the cauliflower pasta!! Have you tried zucchini noodles before!? I made zucchini bolognese in a crockpot last month and it was to DIE FOR!
Have a fab weekend 🙂
Well there goes my paycheck! 😉 Thank you for your 15 favorites Katey! Great start to the weekend!
I bookmarked the cauliflower recipe. I’ve always loved cauliflower rice, so this is a great alternative!
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
Favorite wedding gift: flexible cutting boards from bed bath and beyond and my beloved dyson
Favorite beauty product: my Lancôme grandiose mascara ( seriously the best and worth a try)
Favorite thing to cook: the pioneer woman’s lemon shrimp risotto
Favorite recent purchase: the Ouai oil you raved about! Thank you thank you! I got the hair and body oil because it smells like roses and smelled better than just the hair oil!
Loved this post!
Yay!! I’m so happy you are loving the oil! I’m going to try the shrimp risotto!! Sounds amazing!! xo
We are totally nosey in the same way, I LOVE hearing what people love and why, it’s like my guilty pleasure haha! I will totally be checking out those blogs you mentioned, always looking for more inspiration.
My absolute favorite thing to do by myself is watch YouTube videos (vlogs or beauty favorites particularly) and paint my nails. Ahhh it’s just so satisfying to sit there doing stupid stuff and not feel bad haha!
Yay to the Amazon post coming up! Who doesnt love a good amazon round up?? Hellllllo free shipping! 🙂
Been following your blog forever….love it! This is my first time posting/commenting. Are your favorite Gucci sunglasses the GG0053S? Are they also the ones your were wearing on your way to a meeting that you were talking about on Snapchat/Instastories (I forget which one?). I love them! Thanks.
Hi Lauren! Thank you so much! Yes, those are it! 🙂 Did the text link not work for you in the post?! 🙁 I hope it wasn’t messed up! xo
You’re free to come design the rooms in my home whenever! And I’ve been following Sam’s blog for a while, too – I think I first found her like 4 or 5 years ago!
I am not a fan of family style restaurants as well! I’m not sure why but sharing food with anyone except my mom or my boyfriend gives me anxiety and makes me nervous…maybe it’s just a type-A trait. thehomeedit is one of my favorite Instagrams now!
Love your list! Some of my fave things are collecting beach glass when I walk on the beach, reading, and traveling to new places or even just new neighborhoods! I love looking at all the houses and seeing what I would do different (based on the outside). Have a great weekend!! xoxo
I am also a huge fan of Souhern Charm!! My husband and I went to Charleston a few months ago and it’s the cutest city!! I seriously get to excited now watching the show. And I’m obsessed with your bag. It’s perfect for summer.
I bought the gold choker and moon necklace! and I love them!! but I have worn them like 3 times and now they are all tarnished and black. Do you have any tips on how to keep them from getting gross?
Love your blog!! Thanks 🙂
Oh no! Mine haven’t tarnished. Did they maybe get any precipitation on them somehow? I know more affordable jewelry can be more susceptible to that with weather or moisture! Sometimes I wash jewelry in dawn dish soap, but I don’t want to tell you to do that and it mess up! 🙁 xo
Well I’m thinking since its been so hot and humid in Dallas its made me a super cute sweat machine… so that’s probably why! Thanks for the response tho! 🙂
Thank you so much for sharing your favorite lip glosses NYX! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them now. I just bought 6 tubes! 🙂 And I also LOVE Southern Charm, my favorite reality show out there. Thank you! 🙂