In partnership with Walmart. All purchases and opinions are my own!
When it comes to the case of drugstore vs. department store brands, there are quite a few arguments to be made for either side. For some products, I can purchase 1 department store brand to 3 or 4 tubes of the drugstore product due to longevity and the need to reapply. And then for other items, the drugstore product has better pigmentation than a luxury brand. All of that to say, we have to remind ourselves to not just buy drugstore because of the tempting price and not just buy department store because we fell in love with the packaging. The payout is in the product.
To help make those SERIOUS makeup bag decisions ;), I’m sharing my favorite drugstore makeup buys. These are products I always repurchase and if it had no label and I had to compare it to a department store brand, I’d truly think it was department store. Some of these products I have a backstock on for fear they will sell out, and one lipstick, in particular, I have yet to share on Instagram for fear everyone will buy it out! haha.
You can purchase all of these products at Walmart which makes them even easier to grab. I’m not sure if you’ve browsed the Walmart Beauty department online, but they even have a premium section. From one of the best selections of e.l.f. to dermatologist recommended products, they have a great curated selection. Get ready to screenshot a few products because these are my ride-or-die, repurchase all the time, have-to-have drugstore beauty favorites.
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation, shade 203- I have been purchasing this foundation since I was pregnant with Maxi! On a work trip to New York I got to test it out before it launched and I fell in love with the texture. It gives you a glow when it dries that you’d expect from a powerful Vitamin C serum, but it also covers imperfections well. It is a buildable foundation but starts with solid medium coverage. I am shade 203, nude beige!
- e.l.f. Halo Glow Setting Powder– Setting powders are a finicky product in my opinion. If your skin is properly moisturized, it can “catch” in spots and create an uneven finish. I also want my setting powder to do just that, set my foundation! It should create an airbrushed finish, not add to a layer of product. I am loyal to my Laura Mercier Translucent Powder, but y’all, this is a dupe for that! I’ve purchased this many times and when we lived in our old home I remember sharing this dupe on Insta Stories. I always keep it on hand for setting under eye concealer and more. I get it in shade “Light” but want to try it in the pink shade as more of a highlight next time.
- Milani Most Wanted Palette, shade “Partner In Crime”- Milani is one of my favorite drugstore brands! I have yet to purchase an item from the line and NOT be absolutely in love. I’m always on the hunt for a palette that’s EASY for everyday use. It’s not difficult to find a palette that has fun shades and glitter accents. But I wanted one that I can swipe on a color or two with as I get ready with a baby in a carrier and a toddler at my feet in the mornings. This one is just that! I always put the lightest shade all over, then usually put the pinky nude shade in the crease and I’m finished.
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer Mascara– I miss my lash serums so much while pregnant and nursing! But, one thing that makes it a little better is this primer. I’ve have had countless tubes and always think L’Oreal mascaras beat department store. This primer goes on before your mascara and gives a false lash effect. For a regular mascara, I love this one! It’s my favorite!
- Milani Blush– If you’ve heard of Milani, you’ve probably heard of their blush in “Luminoso.” It’s a dupe for Nars Orgasm, but I actually like Luminoso way better! But my favorite thing to do with their blushes is make a little blush cocktail! I layer two “Romantic Rose” and “Coral Cove.” I start with “Romantic Rose” which is a nude-tone blush that works well for my skin. Then I add a pop of “Coral Cove” which is a dupe for Benefit Galifornia. This pop of coral is something I do year-round because the tiniest bit gives me a glow that looks like I was spray-tanned, but am not. 😉
- Milani Stellar Lights Highlighting Palette, shade “Rose Glow”- This highlight palette has such a soft texture and gives great pigment, just like my beloved Huda Beauty highlight palette! I use the darker shade as an eyeshadow, but I mix the light and gold for a highlight on my cheeks and bridge of nose.
- Maybelline Liner, shade “Magnetic Mauve”- This is a dupe to MAC “Soar” which is my lipliner I live by. Y’all, the pigment on this Maybelline is beyond! I have blogged it before, but let me tell you, it doesn’t come off. I will swatch this on my hand while comparing it to other shades and I’ll shower, use a cleansing balm, a makeup wipe, the works, and it still stays on. It’s powerful for drugstore, without being drying. I’ve honestly ever tried a creamy lip pencil like this that stays on THAT long.
- Wet n Wild Lipstick, shade “Skin-ny Dipping”- This is a beautiful cool-toned nude that I love for fall. Just like the liner above, this stuff stays on and doesn’t budge. A little goes a long way with it, so it will last you quite a long time.
- Revlon Matte Lipstick, shades “Make it Pink” and “Candy Addict”- This is a bold statement to make for someone that feels the need to own 32 lipsticks, but, I’ll make it. This is my FAVORITE lipstick formulation, ever. I love it so much I have backstock for fear that everyone will find out how amazing this is and sell it out. Actual fear, ladies. Actual fear. ha. “Make it Pink” and “Candy Addict” are the two shades I always have, and they are both incredibly similar. They act as a dupe to MAC Snob, but with a matte finish. I also have this formula in other shades, so honestly, pick your favorite color and you’ll love.
- Revlon Gloss, shade “Sky Pink”- If I wear a darker nude lipstick in the fall, I’ll put this gloss in the center of my pout to brighten it up and give the appearance of a fuller pout. It isn’t sticky at all and doesn’t break down any color.
There you have it! This is my tried and true list of drugstore beauty that I will always have on hand or grab while picking up extra diapers. What is YOUR favorite drugstore product for me to try?