Kimono: Anthropologie | Tank: Express [old], Similar | Jeans: Shopbop | Shoes: Stuart Weitzman | Bag: LV, Similar, Similar | Sunglasses: Chloe | Lipstick: Stila Pink Moscato | Necklace: Julie Vos [c/o]
Photography: Angie Garcia
You know those annoying little questions you ask your husband or boyfriend?! Please tell me I’m not the only one….
I always ask Paul, “What’s a random fact about me?” It’s become a running joke in our house because he always says a fact about how Type A I am. Then I say he can’t re-use that [because he uses it each time], so I ‘m pretty sure he hates this game. I’ve been making a list of his answers, so today I thought I’d share 10 for y’all!
1. My favorite drink is water in a Yeti cup with LOTS of ice. Do I want a water bottle? No. Do I want a cup of water with ice? No. But do I want a Yeti with water and lots of ice? Yes please! Paul knows I love this so much he puts one by my bed every night and I finish it in 5 minutes.
2. I’m a bit neurotic about having really short nails. Before I go get my nails done I have to cut and file them. Paul is always asking me why I’m doing my nails before I go get a manicure. It’s such an odd habit/hang up of mine!
3. I’m extremely and emotionally invested in couples I don’t know. The couple on Flip or Flop? You’d think I threw Christina’s bridal shower, that’s how sad I am about it. Yet here I am sitting on my couch watching HGTV simply because I like watching them together during what I thought were “happier times.” You guys, I am nuts! If Chip and Jo divorce…don’t even let me go there.
4. This is one Paul always says! I don’t like Mexican food as much as people think I do. It all started with my blog! When I began writing posts I was so self-conscious about it and so I’d try to write about softball topics. You know, the usual things you bring up on a date: weather, work, sports! Well in Texas, everyone is always talking about Mexican food [Tex-Mex, if you will] and where to get a great margarita. So I’d just chat about Mexican food because that’s normal here. 3 years later I think I accidentally convinced people I love it as much as I love Peaches. I say that because I guess it’s actually not that common for a blogger to mention the same type of cuisine consistently, and so brands will always ask if I would prefer to do a meeting at a Mexican restaurant instead of somewhere normal like a coffee shop. I love it, I truly do! I just think I wrote about it so much in the beginning everyone thinks I am a fiend. haha!
5. But now that we are on the topic of food, there is nothing I hate more in the world than cheese on hamburgers. I like cheese separately, but since I was a little girl I have never eaten it on burgers. I remember going to friends’ houses on play dates and their moms would order us cheeseburger Happy Meals and I was too shy to say I didn’t want cheese. So I’d give myself these pep talks in my head to eat the burgers so I wouldn’t be rude. People pleaser since I was 6, I tell ya! I’d think, “Katey, just take a bite. Just one bite. You can do it. One more bite. If you just take one more bite her mom will think you are full. Now don’t throw up!”
6. Now onto something I can’t get enough of…ginger jars! You can probably tell from my home tours, but I’m obsessed! In my dream home I would have hundreds of them. Excessive? Maybe. But I think the best way to decorate your home is with things you love, not just “items” to fill the space.
7. I’ve never been much of a movie person. I love going to the movies [#popcorn] but I would never just choose to watch a movie at home. Also, if I see a movie I won’t remember a single quote from it! Paul always says for people to not quote movies to me because I will not give them the reaction they are looking for. I just kind of blankly stare and have to think in my head, “Are they saying a quote from a movie? Do I laugh? What if this isn’t a movie quote?”
8. My ideal day is cleaning my house from top to bottom. I always tell myself I’m going to give myself a day of no work and no errands, I’ll put Maxi in her baby wrap and we will clean/organize everything top to bottom. I look forward to this day that will never happen more than I look forward to Christmas, my next 5 birthdays combined and Black Friday sales.
9. If I weren’t a people pleaser and a blogger, I’d be an interior decorator. I’d LOVE to do that, but if someone hated a room I decorated….I’d cry. Then apologize profusely. Probably mumble that I’d sell all my possessions to buy them a new house. You know, the usual responses.
10. Paul always says that if I could, I’d live in a GLAMbox house. He constantly jokes that our entire house is going to be filled with GLAMbox products because I love them so much. If you are a Texas girl, I’m actually hosting a GLAMboxes event on April 29th from noon to 2 at Swoozies in Dallas! I’d love for you to come by so we can meet. 🙂 This event is going to be a custom GLAMboard event, where Swoozies will have a monogram bar and can monogram your GLAMboard you purchase in store. [Here is a blog post and video to see the product!] We’ll have sips and bites and lots of time for girl talk. We wanted to do this event in April, because these make the best graduation gifts! If a girl is graduating high school and going to be limited on space in a dorm or graduating college and on her own in a smaller, city apartment this is the perfect gift. I’ll be sharing more information on the event the closer it gets, but wanted to let you know now so you can save the date!
Do you ever do this with your significant other?!